Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 3 Roundup: How'd I do?

Week two of 2012 has come and gone.  Let's see how I did!

Resolution 1: Take better care of myself

I flossed every day this week! 

I exercised twice this week!  I haven't written about it yet, but I'll post on it in the upcoming week.

I did not do a very good job of keeping a consistent bedtime.  One reason is that I had some friends staying over in the first part of the week, and I stayed up late to talk to them (it's not very often that I get to see them).  Another reason is that this week has been really busy - I had two evening meetings this week, which made it harder to get to bed by 9:00.

Resolution 2: Stay in touch with my family

I talked to my Mom twice this week.

I talked to my Dad once this week.

I talked to my sister once this week.

I wrote and mailed letters to my grandma and aunt last week, and I plan to write them another letter by the end of the month. 

Resolution 3: Stay organized

As I mentioned before, I completed this month's home improvement project!  I'll share pictures and details in the upcoming week.  I know I've said this the past couple of weeks, but I mean it this time.

I have been using my planner every day to keep track of important dates and write down to-do lists.

I did not do any cleaning this week.

Resolution 4: Save money

I made lunch for me and David every day this week.

Sadly, I did not make any vegetarian meals this week. Since I had evening meetings, David made his specialty: tuna pot pie.  However, I did get free pizza at one of my meetings, so it could be said that we saved some money there.

No DIY projects this week - but I did start working on knitting a hat.

The verdict?  I did not do very well this week.  I did keep at least one sub-resolution for each resolution, so that's good, I guess.  I am disappointed that I did not keep my cleaning and vegetarian sub-resolutions, but I suppose I should cut myself some slack since this week was so crazy.  I'm glad that I have David to keep me motivated, or else I would not have done my second day of exercise.  Accountability - it helps!  Hopefully, this week will be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment